5.27.2012

In my own backyard...


My favorite color!




It really is a beautiful world. Sometimes you only have to look in your own backyard.



I didn't even touch these rose bushes and they have so many buds and flowers; it's amazing!



beautiful!


outside my window


I'm not sure what kind of tree this is but it's beautiful and make a great pattern. I took this
photo through a screen but it still came out ok.

So I really don't have to fly to Hawaii for inspiration...it's all around me!
But I did paint this one yesterday...


Kapalua watercolor sketch


I wasn't going to post this because I really didn't put too much planning into this and now I notice the photo is blurry and a little darker than the original. I decided to go ahead and share it with you though because it's part of my creative process and I ended up liking it. Do you think it looks funny with just one palm tree? Maybe...Any way it really is fun to just let it flow with no planning and no care.
I'm going to be posting more photos from Maui but had to share this wonderful beauty around me. I do live in a very gorgeous place...I just wish it were a little warmer.








5 comments:

Terra said...

Beautiful roses and tree, and beach painting. Nice to see your creative process.

Blondie's Journal said...

Your garden, like your watercolor, is beautiful!

XO,
Jane

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Lots to love in your painting. The green/blue of the water, warm horizon of the sky, the angle of the solitary palm tree and the flowers in the shadows. Brings back happy memories. Thank you

Vicki said...

I love the sky and the water, and one palm tree is A-OK with me!

Jen Beaudet said...

Thank you for your comments and critiques! It really helps to get feedback!
Jenxox

NEW Website!

Modern Impressionist Field of Flowers

  Available here New art available on my website! I love flowers and I'm not sure what these would be but I hope you enjoy it! This was ...