7.08.2013

Sunflowers Painting!




being revised
My inspiration for this painting was the weekly challenge on Daily Paintworks! I was a day late but at least I did it. I've done a few smaller sunflower paintings but never one this large. I tried to keep the colors dark so that the sunflowers could be the star of the show! With all that sunshine yellow there's no need for any other saturated color, with the exception of the touches of the magenta "flowers" that I added in the end. But even the magenta is not pure. 

Fourth of July has come and gone so quickly. Now it's on to my birthday! Time really needs to slow down! Summer is my favorite season and it seems so short. In honor of my favorite month I'm having a Christmas in July Sale in my Etsy shop! The sale goes from July 11th-21st and I'm offering 10% off anything in my shop. Mark your calendars! 
Time flies and the next thing you know it'll be Christmas time again! 




2 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

This is so gorgeous Jennifer! Happy Birthday a little late! Yes, summer goes too fast. Time in general goes too fast. I think looking a lovely art like yours helps to slow things down a bit.

Jen Beaudet said...

Thank you Lisa!:) You didn't miss my birthday. Its on the 14th!:) I'm celebrating all week long!
Have a great week!
Jennifer

NEW Website!

Modern Impressionist Field of Flowers

  Available here New art available on my website! I love flowers and I'm not sure what these would be but I hope you enjoy it! This was ...